|Question: I recently got into this "earn money on internet" thing, so I am a totally newbie to this. I was just wondering if you can help me a little by answering one question? How long will it approximately take before I get any subscribers?
Answer: "How long it will take" depends upon many variables. The most important variable is what you put into it. "What you put into it" can consist of research, effort, time, and money. Chance can also have a lot to do with it. For instance, you could put an ad out there today and a couple of hours from now it could catch the eye of someone who is interested enough to enroll immediately. Or, you may find that you need to experiment for quite some time before you find the classified site and the headline that works for you. Conversely, if you participate in the Eagle Co-op, you can feel confident that you will receive approximately 10-15 affiliates for each share you purchase, but it will take at least 4-6 weeks before those affiliates start appearing.
Also, I'd like to address the fact that you refer to both "earning money on the internet" and "getting subscribers." I just want to make sure that you understand that you do not earn any money from referring affiliates. Where your income comes from is making sales... either retail sales or sales to the new affiliates you refer.
This brings up another variable... many people will sign up to be affiliates (it's free to do so, and they want to satisfy their curiosity) and then not do anything. The key is follow-up, so your success will depend a great deal on the quality of your follow-up process.
The best recommendation I can make to you is that you read, Read, and READ some more! The more research you do, the better prepared you will be. The more prepared you are in the beginning, the better off you will be in the long run. Yes, this could slightly delay the start of your business, but it will pay off in the long-term success of your business.
Leaders are Readers!
You can start out just as I did (and as many, many others have) by placing ads at free classified ad sites on the internet using the pre-approved ads that are located at: http://www.sfimg.com Just click on "Marketing Aids". Now what you need to do is a search for free classified ad sites. I would start with Google. Once at Google, type 'Free Classifieds' in Google's search box, click 'go' or 'enter' and see what comes up. You'll be amazed and a little overwhelmed but that's okay.
Now... you have found a few ad sites that you would like to start placing your ads at. What you need to do now is to get a spiral notebook so you can write down:
1) The name of the ad site (save to your favorites folder).
2) The date in which you placed the ad.
3) The ad number that is provided to you once your ad has been accepted.
4) Make a note of the Key Code you used for this particular ad site, such as "150".
5) If you are advertising the SFI opportunity, you will want to place your ads in the appropriate categories such as "Business Opportunities".
6) Don't SPAM any classified ad site. What I mean by this is don't place your ad in EVERY category. Just place one ad in one category then move on!
7) I suggest you check each site that you have placed ads at everyday to see what 'position' you're at. If your ad has been pushed down so far by other advertisers that you are now on the third page, well it's time to delete your ad and place a new one. This way you will be right back on the first page where you belong! Don't forget to write down your new ad number in your note book!
Free Advertising DOES work but it is more time consuming than other methods.